As a student, I have used MS word quite a bit. I used MS word for essays, reports, and my resume when applying for colleges. I would also use MS word when I had to do projects, because I would use it to type information and make everything look neater. In school, my teachers would us MS word to write the syllabus, to write assignments, and to show us the agendas for the day. I went to an art school, and took a film business class my junior year, so I learned A LOT about copyright and fair use. In an educational environment, I've used it seen it used a lot, because of the fact that we are allowed to use copyrighted materials for educational purposes, as long as they are used for the same purpose they were created for. However, anyone can use works that are in the public domain. My film business teacher used even had parts of his textbook copied, which he said was not illegal because it was for educational purposes, and he cited everyon...
Good post! You are not alone- many students' tech experiences are limited to personal use (like social media) and requirements for classes and projects. The assignments in this course will give you some hands-on experience with more software/hardware.
ReplyDelete